Sunday, April 4, 2010

Martha Stewart Shares Easter Photos


Martha Stewart Up Close and Personal

Look what the Easter Bunny brought me!

Some photos from Easter today!'

My most beautiful Easter basket ever from Kevin Sharkey- the rabbit is taxidermy from Evolution

My new IPad
Posted on April 3rd, 2010 in Holidays, Personal | direct link to this entry
ShareThis| Leave a Comment Here
 

April 2nd, 2010

An Easter themed dinner party at my house

Last week, I hosted a dinner for our new friends at Hallmark Channel and I wrote about our merger on my blog dated March 29th.  My friend, Chef Pierre Schaedelin, agreed to work his magic in the kitchen and came up with a fabulous spring menu.  Because this dinner was scheduled during the Easter holiday, I asked my housekeeper, Laura Acuna, to bring out all of our favorite springtime decorations.  With the house looking so pretty, I wanted to have my Easter celebration right here at home and I am now cooking and baking for Sunday’s festivities.  I wish all of you a very happy and healthy Easter.


I was excited to host my new business partners, the Hallmark Channel, at the farm for a pre-Easter dinner. I decorated the house as if it was Easter and in fact, this gave me the impetus to host Easter lunch at my house - I had been vacillating.

April 2nd, 2010

An Easter themed dinner party at my house

Last week, I hosted a dinner for our new friends at Hallmark Channel and I wrote about our merger on my blog dated March 29th.  My friend, Chef Pierre Schaedelin, agreed to work his magic in the kitchen and came up with a fabulous spring menu.  Because this dinner was scheduled during the Easter holiday, I asked my housekeeper, Laura Acuna, to bring out all of our favorite springtime decorations.  With the house looking so pretty, I wanted to have my Easter celebration right here at home and I am now cooking and baking for Sunday’s festivities.  I wish all of you a very happy and healthy Easter.
  

.
 A new form of ranunculus - green - looked good in one of the many silver basket containers I placed on my dining table.


We keep the great decorations year to year and store them in our 'holiday basement' archives - believe it or not, these golden eggs are about 20 years old!

One table was decorated with bunnies. The stuffed toy bunny from Jamali and the porcelain bunny from the Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's. The wonderfully fragrant pink sweet peas were arranged with some leather leaf ferns


Another bunny dish - great for candy - looked wonderful on a table with deep orange ranunculus.


Double orange tulips - they looked a bit like ranunculus.


The table was lovely - set with white linens from my antique collection, old silver, and vintage Wedgwood embossed dinner pltes

The small dining room was also set up for the editorial guests. We used a vintage green and lusterware service and my favorite cut glass goblets

This is the 'brown room' where we can seat up to 16 guests at the table.



Vivaldi has found the chicks - unfortunately for him, they are spun cotton antiques and of little interest.



Baby lamb chops browning before roasting in a very hot oven

Plating is an art, especially when the food is to get to the table hot and fresh.


Colorful chicks under a giant glass dome

Coral Ann kept me company during Marc's presentation - she showed off regally.

 The lamb glistened - the vegetables were perfectly cooked.

What is in the oven, Pierre? Should you be peeking?


What is in the oven, Pierre? Should you be peeking?

My Empress Tang is exploring all the tabletops.







Bookmark & Share

No comments:

Post a Comment