Saturday, March 6, 2010

Houston Dome Project Latest News

Houston Dome Project  Latest News.

Is it ready yet?

Houston Dome Project — I was just looking for the latest news about Mega engineering that will build a geodesic dome over Houston. However, I am not really lucky. Even when I try to find Houston dome project in wiki or Discovery Channel, I found nothing that could refer us to know more about it.
Since I really need to know what’s the continuity of geodesic Houston dome project, now let me ask you some questions. Where to to know the latest reports about it? Where to find the right discussion on this issue?
If you already know that, please let me know it. I must be glad to hear from you.Okay, that’s all for this hour. I may update this article again next after I found the right information about geodesic Houston dome project. Good bye and I’ll see you soon. :mrgreen:
Tags:  Houston Dome Project, Houston dome, dome over Houston, eden project, the eden project, etfe

The fourth-largest city in the nation and also the largest city in Texas, Houston is vulnerable to killer hurricanes, extreme heat and also other natural disasters. Plus the problem is only getting worse because the city needs to spend a fortune in a losing battle against nature. Hence why a team of engineers decided the most viable solutionfor that moment would be to “move the city indoors”.
The Houston Dome should really protect the city from category-5 hurricanes
The Houston Dome surface area will stretch over 21 million sq ft, that’ll make it the largest structure with the largest roof in the world. The dome’s panels will be 15 ft across, with over 147,000 to cover the city of Houston. The one problem will be that using glass or plexiglass would make the entire structure extremely heavy.
What if people in Houston wish to actually feel the rain or sun – you know, the way it feels naturally. What about feeling the warm Houston breeze on my face or picking flowers from a field (or backyard)? Would the kids and I still be able to do that under a giant geodesic dome? True, there would be entrances and exits, but I wonder how many people would really travel to the other side of town every single day just to get that taste of “outside” air.



Bookmark & Share

No comments:

Post a Comment